Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1) Into a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients(flour, sugars, baking soda, salt, butterscotch chips) and combine well.
2) Combine oil and water in a measuring cup, then add the vanilla to the liquid mixture.
3) In a slow but steady stream, add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and on low speed of your mixer, mix until combined or add a bit at a time if doing the old fashioned way....by hand!
4) Mix until all is combined (mixture should not be crumbly, but a bit sticky. If not add a bit more water if too dry, more flour if too wet usually not more than a tablespoon or so if needed)
5) Onto your prepared cookie sheet, spoon on portion of batter (I usually use a heaping tablespoon for a measure or a small cookie scoop if you have one) then, gently form cookies by pressing down with the bottom of a cup or your fingers, to about a 1/4 height.
6) Put into oven and bake for approximately 14-16 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden on the bottom. Let set on cookie tray for at least 1-2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.