Whole Grain Blueberry Muffins & Mini Loaf Quick Breads
At most of PMGB's in store demo's, I usually make one or two kinds of muffins to showcase our versatile whole grain muffin mix. This lemon & blueberry muffin recipe is always a hit among kids of all ages. I have received many inquiries on how to make these quick and easy muffins, so the lemon blueberry muffin awaits baking. The picture here to the right is how I bring them to the demo's as they are easier to cut for samples. Both recipes in both pans come out wonderful and the loaves look great for packaging as gifts as well. Your decision how to prepare!
strudel top (optional)
- Into a small bowl mix the following strudel top ingredients and set aside.
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar or brown sugar if you don’t have turbinado
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the following dry ingredients:
- 2 ½ cups PMGB whole grain all-use flour
- 1/3 cup granulatd sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 large egg, milk and olive oil mix well.
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk at room temperature
- 1/3 cup canola or light olive oil
- Into the large mixing bowl with wet ingredients, add ½ of the dry ingredients and mix until combined. When combined, add the rest of the dry mix and mix again until combined.
- When batter is ready, grab a spatula and fold in the blueberries to the batter.
- Into your prepared muffin tins or pans, pour batter to a volume of 2/3 full.
- Combine the strudel top and evenly distribute over the top of the raw batter.
- Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes for muffins, or 25-30 for the mini loaves. Cool in the pan then gently remove from pans onto a wire rack for 10 or so minutes, remove from pan and of course....Enjoy!! Catherine
Freezing option: If you would like, these can be frozen for up to 3 months in freezer safe bags or containers in the freezer. When ready to eat, take out and let sit at room temp to thaw (approximately 2 hours)Believe it or not, it will taste fresh baked! Now that is smart baking!