Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
(Note: If using PMGB's Chocolate Chip Cookie mix, add one cup of rolled oats to the cookie mix and proceed to step 1)
- 2 1/2 cups whole grain all-use flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup light olive oil or canola oil
- 1/4 cup water or more
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 cup raw sugar
- 1/8 cup light olive oil
- Mix all ingredients for topping in a small bowl then set aside..
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Into a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients(flour, sugars, baking soda, salt, Chocolate Chips) and combine well.
- Combine oil, egg and water in a measuring cup, then add the vanilla to the liquid mixture, mix well.
- In a slow but steady stream, add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture on low speed of your mixer, mix until all combined. If needed ad a bit more water, if mixture is too crumbly to form.
- Onto your prepared cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, spread entire mixture to a 1/4" thickness. (this should fill out roughly 2/3 of the cookie sheet)
- If topping with optional topping, evenly distribute and firmly press onto top of cookie dough mixture.
- Put into pre-heated oven and bake for approximately 18-20 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden on the bottom. Let set on a cooling rack until cooled, then slip out of cookie sheet onto flat surface.
- With a sharp knife, cut cookies into 2x2 squares. Serve em' up and enjoy!