Whole Grain Oatmeal and Butterscotch Cookies (eggless)
- 2 1/2 cups whole grain all-use flour
- 1 cup oatmeal rolled oats, not quick oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light olive oil or canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1) Into a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients(flour, sugars, baking soda, salt, butterscotch chips) and combine well.
- 2) Combine oil and water in a measuring cup, then add the vanilla to the liquid mixture.
- 3) In a slow but steady stream, add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and on low speed of your mixer, mix until combined or add a bit at a time if doing the old fashioned way....by hand!
- 4) Mix until all is combined (mixture should not be crumbly, but a bit sticky. If not add a bit more water if too dry, more flour if too wet usually not more than a tablespoon or so if needed)
- 5) Onto your prepared cookie sheet, spoon on portion of batter (I usually use a heaping tablespoon for a measure or a small cookie scoop if you have one) then, gently form cookies by pressing down with the bottom of a cup or your fingers, to about a 1/4 height.
- 6) Put into oven and bake for approximately 14-16 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden on the bottom. Let set on cookie tray for at least 1-2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.